how can i take action?
5 Simple things you can do
- Include children’s input in decision making
(right to be heard)
- Take a child’s point of view in analyzing
situations involving children and others
- Ask a young person what they think about a
news story (right to learn and understand information that is important)
- Read to your child every night (right to an
- Speak up in a conversation when you hear
people disrespect the idea of child/youth rights; ask tough questions (Adults
have the responsibility to advocate for children and youth)
What happens when a young person knows about their rights but the adults in their lives do not?